what are the ways to achieve the objectives of RA no. 7394
Ways to achieve the objectives of RA no. 7394:
- protection against hazards to health and safety;
- protection against deceptive, unfair and unconscionable sales acts and practices;
- provision of information and education to facilitate sound choice and the proper exercise of rights by the consumer;
- provision of adequate rights and means of redress; and
- involvement of consumer representatives in the formulation of social and economic policies.
There are several ways to achieve the objectives of RA No. 7394 or the Consumer Act of the Philippines and these include the following:
1. Ban hazardous the sale and distribution of products and product ingredients or substance.
2. Require seller to be realistic when advertising/marketing and prohibit false advertisement or employing any deceptive means in selling the product or services.
3. Require the putting of expiry dates on product label.
4. Instructions on how to use the product must be readable.
5. Always put tag price. For goods subject to Value-Added-Tax and Percentage Tax, sales price of the product or service must be inclusive of the tax.
6. Require companies to have a dedicated customer service personnel or unit that will address customers concerns and complaints.
7. Require seller of goods and provider of services to inform and explain to their customer key information about the product or services before they avail.
8. Designated government agency should properly act on costumer complaints not addressed by the company under complaint.